Variant and Criterion dungeons are a new type of dungeon experience with multiple possible routes and exclusive rewards.
How to Unlock Variant and Criterion Dungeons
To unlock Variant and Criterion Dungeons, do the following:
- Complete the level 90 Endwalker quest, "Endwalker"
- Speak to Osmon in Old Sharlayan (X:11.9 Y:13.3)
- Complete the blue quest "A Key to the Past", which can be started by talking to Shallow Moor in Old Sharlayan (X:12.0 Y:13.3)
How to Enter Variant and Criterion Dungeons
Go to Main Menu > Duty > V&C Dungeon Finder and choose the desired variant or criterion dungeon to enter.
About Variant Actions
Up to two of the following Variant Actions can be assigned as your Duty Actions.
- Variant Cure: Restore target HP and apply Rehabilitation (Regen) for 15 seconds. Variant Cure restores more HP when target is under the effect of Rehabilitation.
- Variant Raise: Revives a fallen player
- Variant Rampart: Reduce damage taken by 20%, for 60 seconds.
- Variant Spirit Dart: Multi-target attack that inflicts damage-over-time status to enemies hit
- Variant Ultimatum: Places yourself at the top of nearby enemies' enmity list, significantly increases enmity generation, and inflicts Stun on enemies hit
How to Receive V&C Dungeon Rewards
Go to Trisassant in Old Sharlayan (X:11.9 Y:13.3) to exchange V&C dungeon tokens, such as Sil'dihn Silver, for exclusive rewards.