Help a traveler from a distant land find his way home. Collaboration event with Final Fantasy XV.
To participate in the special event:
- Purchase the game (free trial players cannot participate)
- Reach level 50 and complete the main scenario quest "The Ultimate Weapon" (the final A Realm Reborn Main Scenario Quest)
Where to Start the Event
Go to Ul'dah and use an aetheryte to go to the Ul'dah Aetheryte Plaza if you aren't already there. Go southeast through the hallway, then go southwest and look for Kipih Jakkya in front of the Hall of Flames. Talk to her to accept the quest "The Man in Black".
List of Quests and Battles
If you are looking for a specific part of the seasonal event, use the links below to go there:
- Quest 1: The Man in Black
- Quest 2: In the Dark of Night
- Battle 1: Iseultalon
- Quest 3: Messenger of the Winds
- Battle 2: Garuda
The Man in Black
You can teleport to Black Brush Station and go south to the quest destination, or just go clockwise through Ul'dah until you can go northeast through the Gate of Nald to reach Central Thanalan, and go north to the quest destination. Examine the sparkle and there will be a cutscene.
Participate in the FATE at the Unholy Heir
Go to where the orange arrow is pointing in the minimap. Wait for Noctis to appear in the area and talk to him, then go east to where the "Like Clockwork" FATE begins.
Use multi-target attacks on the many Magitek Troopers that appear. When the MA-X appears, continue using multi-target attacks until the remaining Magitek Troopers are defeated, then use single-target attacks on the MA-X until it is defeated.
If you do not get full credit in the FATE, you may need to participate again to proceed to the next step of the quest. Be sure to hit as many of the enemies as possible during the FATE.
Wait at the Designated Location
After you complete the FATE, go northwest to where the orange arrow is pointing in the minimap. Check on the sparkling Destination and there will be a cutscene.
Speak with Cid
Go west into Black Brush Station and talk to Cid. There will be a cutscene.
Speak with Kipih Jakkya in Ul'dah
Go back to Ul'dah and speak with Kipih to complete the quest. You will receive the Lucian Prince's Fingerless Glove if this is the first time that you have completed the quest. It can be stored in the Armoire. If you got one before and lost it, you can buy another via a Recompense Officer.
Ironworks Hand Vendor Locations
Ironworks Vendors for the event can exchange Unidentified Magitek that you receive from the "Like Clockwork" FATE. These vendors can be found in the following locations:
- Ul'dah - The north end of the Sapphire Avenue Exchange at x13, y9
- Gridania - Near Mih Khetto's Amphitheatre at x9, y9
- Limsa Lominsa - Near The Aftcastle at x11, y13
- Central Thanalan - Black Brush Station at x22, y18
In the Dark of Night
Talk to Kipih again to start the next quest, "In the Dark of Night".
Speak with People in Gridania
Go to Gridania and use an aetheryte to go to the Central Shroud via the White Wolf Gate (if you haven't unlocked it, talk to Tyoh Moui at the Gridania Aetheryte Plaza and do the blue quest "Broadening Horizons"), then talk to Ealdred to go back into Gridania. Once there, talk to Roustebant nearby. Then go north to the exit to Old Gridania. Go south to the aetheryte and use it to go to the Leatherworkers' Guild. Go southeast from there and talk to Hadrefort. Then you can either go north through the market, or go northwest and use an aetheryte to go to the Lancers' Guild, then go east and talk to Mitainie.
Report to Kipih
Use an aetheryte to go to Mih Khetto's Amphitheatre, and go east to talk to Kipih.
Wait at the Designated Location in the East Shroud
Use the nearby aetheryte to go to the Lancers' Guild, then go east to the pier and talk to Romarique to "purchase" passage to Sweetbloom Pier (it's free).
Go to where the orange arrow is pointing in the minimap. Check on the sparkling Destination to start an instanced battle. There will be a cutscene.
Solo Duty: In the Dark of Night (Iseultalon)
In this battle, you will be fighting Iseultalon. If you fail the duty, you can choose a reduced difficulty level the next time you attempt it (or just keep trying it at Normal difficulty if you choose).
- Tail Whip - A large attack with a safe wedge on one side. After the first Tail Whip, it does another one with the safe spot on the other side.
- Stomp - It jumps to the side and does unavoidable area-wide damage when it lands.
- Death Ray - Multiple line attacks. After these line attacks, the entire area between the two farthest lines will be hit, so when the lines appear, go to the leftmost or rightmost side to avoid getting hit by the wide attack.
- Pillars - Stand in the pillar. If there are two, make sure you and Noctis are each standing in a different pillar. If both pillars are occupied when the cast goes off, you get hit with Electrocution which does minimal damage. If any pillars are unoccupied when the cast goes off, you get hit with Fatal Current, which does a lot of damage and gives you a Vulnerability Up debuff.
- Needle Shot - A stack marker will appear on you or Noctis. Make sure that you and Noctis are standing in the same spot before the cast goes off.
- Thunderbolt - You and Noctis will each be marked with an attack marker that follows you. Spread apart to avoid overlapping your attack markers.
Speak with Noctis Once More
After you complete the instanced battle, talk to Noctis. There will be a cutscene.
Speak with Kipih Jakkya in Gridania
After the cutscene, you will be back in Gridania. Talk to Kipih to proceed.
Speak with Noctis Yet Again
Use the nearby aetheryte to go to the Gridania Aetheryte Plaza, then go northwest and talk to Noctis to complete the quest. You will receive the Lucian Prince's Bottoms if this is the first time that you have completed the quest. It can be stored in the Armoire. If you got one before and lost it, you can buy another via a Recompense Officer.
Messenger of the Winds
Talk to Noctis to start the next quest, "Messenger of the Winds".
Speak with Noctis in the Central Shroud
Use the Aetheryte to go to the Central Shroud via the Blue Badger Gate. Go southwest to the orange circle on the map. Noctis is near the north edge of the circle. Talk to him and there will be a cutscene.
Speak with Kipih Jakkya in Gridania Again
Go back to Gridania and use an aetheryte to go to Mih Khetto's Amphitheatre. Go east and talk to Kipih. There will be a cutscene.
Speak with Kipih Jakkya
After the cutscene, go to the Gridania Aetheryte Plaza and go southeast to find Kipih. Talk to her to start an instanced battle. There will be a cutscene.
Solo Duty: Messenger of the Winds (Garuda)
In this battle, you will fight Garuda. You have a Duty Action called "Warp-strike". You will need to use it to proceed in the fight. Warp-strike is a gap closer, i.e. it moves you instantly to the target, and it also does damage. Be sure to attack Garuda with other attacks (i.e. not just Warp-strike) to draw her enmity. This can help you prevent some attacks from hitting Noctis. (If he dies, you will fail the duty.)
If you fail it, you can choose a reduced difficulty level the next time you attempt it (or just keep trying it at Normal difficulty if you choose).
- Mistral Shriek - A large circle attack centered on Garuda. First, use Warp-strike on the Monolith that is not in the range of her attack marker. Then, after the Mistral Shriek cast bar has completed, use Warp-strike on Garuda. If timed correctly, you and Noctis will perform a Link-strike. You need to do this to proceed with the battle.
- Mistral Song - Frontal cone attack. Stay out of it to avoid damage.
- Mini Supercell - Line marker. Be in the same line as Noctis to reduce damage to both of you. This attack will knock you and Noctis back.
- Gravitational Force - Partway through the battle, Garuda will sometimes cast Gravitational Force. You will be targeted by a circle attack, then another, then another. Run away from Noctis to bait these away from him, as they will leave persistent gravity puddles that will damage anyone who steps in them.
- Microburst - Later in the battle, Garuda will start casting Microburst and will draw you in toward her. Target a Monolith, but only use Warp-strike shortly before the Microburst cast goes off. She draws you in repeatedly, so you want to get out of it in time to avoid the attack.
- Gust Front - Red triangles will mark both you and Noctis. Stack together with Noctis to minimize damage and avoid getting thrown into the sky.
- Wicked Tornado - A large ring attack with a safe zone in the center. Use Warp-strike on Garuda if necessary, to reach the safe zone.
- Mistral Shriek with draw-in - Later in the fight, Garuda will precede Mistral Shriek with a draw-in attack, so you will need to use Warp-strike on the farther of the two Monoliths to get to safety before the cast goes off. Otherwise, this mechanic can be handled the same way as before.
- Mistral Gaol - When Garuda starts casting this, the battle is almost done. This unavoidable attack will trap you, and you will need to perform an Active Time Maneuver to get out. When the Active Time Maneuver begins, you can quickly type randomly on the keyboard or quickly press random buttons on the controller to fill the maneuver bar. Once this is done, you have successfully cleared the duty.
After the duty is completed, there will be a cutscene.
Speak with Kipih Jakkya Again
You will be back in Gridania. Talk to Kipih to proceed. There will be a cutscene. Afterward, You will receive the Lucian Prince's Jacket and the Lucian Prince's Boots if this is the first time that you have completed the quest. They can be stored in the Armoire. If you got them before and lost them, you can buy them again via a Recompense Officer.
How to Get the Car, Hairstyle, and Triple Triad Card
Now that you have completed the quests, you can go to the Gold Saucer and talk to the Ironworks Vendor southwest of the Gold Saucer Aetheryte Plaza, where you can purchase the Regalia Type-G Title to get the four-seater car mount, Modern Aesthetics - Lucian Locks to get the hairstyle, and the Noctis Lucis Caelum Card.