After a month, Frank asks you to follow your grandfather's Farming Tips, to earn your father's approval.
Your Father's Book
On Summer 1 of Year 1, Frank will visit and give you a book of Farming Tips from your father. Frank says to complete the tasks that your father recommended. This way, you might earn your father's approval of your farming career.
Farming Tips 1
The first advice consists of the following three tasks. Complete these tasks to move on to the next advice.
- Harvest three different types of crops after receiving Farming Tips 1. Crops harvested in part-time jobs don't count.
- Have two cows at the same time
- Upgrade your house by at least one level
When you go outside after you complete Farming Tips 1, Dessie gives you an additional stamina heart. Frank visits the next day to tell you that a new area has opened up on your farm.
In addition, you will be able to buy horses from the animal shops. Also, new Farm Circles become available at Ludus's shop, including the Seed Maker. You will also be able to buy wrapping at shops in the three towns, for wrapping gifts.
Farming Tips 2
After completing Farming Tips 1, your sister will visit the next day. After she goes back home, you will receive the second Farming Tips, which consists of four tasks:
- Ship a two-star crop after receiving Farming Tips 2. You can use fertilizer to raise it.
- Ship a three-star animal product (milk, eggs, wool, etc.) after receiving Farming Tips 2.
- Add a Seed Maker to your farm
- Add a Milk Maker to your farm
The next time you go outside, Dessie gives you an additional stamina heart. Frank visits the next day to tell you that a new area has opened up on your farm.
Farming Tips 3
After completing the second Farming Tips, your mother will visit. After she goes back home, you will get the third Farming Tips, which consists of the following five tasks:
- Increase Town Link Rank of Westown, Lulukoko Village, and Tsuyukusa Town to Rank B or higher
- Win competitions to increase your brand reputation nine times
- Ship a total of 500000G
- Ship a combined total of 1000 crops and animal products
- Defeat Mr. D in a showdown in a crop festival or animal festival
After you complete Farming Tips 3, more items will be available from shops, and you will have access to a new basement area on your farm, where you can use Suns that you purchase in Tsuyukusa to set the basement to a specific growing season year-round. It never rains in the basement, so you will have to water plants there every day, or plant crops that require no water, such as fruit trees. The basement also has a high-level mining node.