After rescuing Crono, you can do optional sidequests or go directly to the final boss battle.
Chance for an Ending
Prepare for Sidequests
After the cutscene, you return to the End of Time.
Before you do the side-quests, go to the Laruba Ruins in 65,000,000 B.C. There is a Nu all the way at the top. Talk to it to get the SilverRock, which enables the Spin Strike triple tech for Robo, Frog, and Ayla. The Nu will also change the name of whichever character is in the lead.
Also in 65,000,000 B.C., the trading hut is now offering Ruby Armors, which reduce fire damage by 80%. To get one, you need 10 each of all of the four trading items. If you don't have enough, you can fight the Nu when it rains in the Hunting Range, as explained in Footsteps! Follow!
Back at the End of Time, you talk to the old man if you want to get clues about the different side quests that are available. They are listed below.
- The Sun Stone - Complete this quest to get powerful armor
- Ozzie's Fort - Complete this quest to get powerful weapons and armor
- Cyrus's Ghost - Complete this quest to greatly increase the Masamune's power
- The Origin of Machines - Complete this quest to permanently increase Robo's stats and get his most powerful weapons
- The Sunken Desert - Complete this quest to get powerful items
- The Rainbow Shell - Complete this quest to get powerful items