After you become Champion and enter the Kalos Hall of Fame, there are more things to do in the post-game.
The Battle with AZ
After you go to the Hall of Fame to record the team that helped you become the Champion, some scenes will take place, then AZ will ask you to battle him. He has a level 60 Torkoal, a level 60 Sigilyph, and a level 60 Golurk.
Things you can do in the Post-Game
The post-game begins the next time you start the game after you have watched the credits roll. Here is a list of new things you can do in the postgame. This list is just a summary; there are more details in the next section.
- Get another Kalos starter from Shauna.
- Receive the National Pokédex.
- Go to Kiloude City. To get there, go to Lumiose Station in North Boulevard of Lumiose City and talk to Professor Sycamore. There are more details on how to get to Kiloude City below.
- Use the Friend Safari in Kiloude City.
- Use the Battle Maison in Kiloude City.
- Upgrade your Mega Ring at the Anistar City sundial. You can do this after winning at least one battle in the Battle Maison in Kiloude City, then battling your neighbor in the north part of Kiloude City.
- Get a Pancham hat if your character is male, or a Sundae Dress if your character is female. To do this, wear a colorful outfit and talk to the woman in the north part of Kiloude City.
- Get the Poké Radar from a scientist on 2F of Professor Sycamore's lab in Lumiose City. There are more details about how to get the Poké Radar below. With the Poké Radar, you can do chaining to increase your odds of finding a shiny.
- Get a mission from Looker (triggered by getting the Mega Ring upgrade and returning to Lumiose City).
- Catch the legendary bird pokémon (Articuno if you chose Chespin, Zapdos if you chose Fennekin, Moltres if you chose Froakie). After you encounter it in the wild multiple times, it will go to the Sea Spirit's Den north of Azure Bay. You can catch it there.
- Catch Zygarde. It's in the bottom floor of Terminus Cave, which is a very long dungeon that is accessible from Route 18.
- Catch Mewtwo. It's in Unknown Dungeon, which is accessible from the Pokémon Village. The Unknown Dungeon is not a long dungeon like Terminus Cave. Mewtwo is standing near the entrance.
After you become Champion, battle AZ, and watch the end credits, then the next time you start up the game, you'll start in your house in Vaniville. Your Mom will say that Professor Sycamore wants to meet you at Lumiose Station.
When you go outside, Shauna is there. She wants to trade pokémon with you. She'll offer you the starter that she originally chose (it's the starter that is weak to the one you originally picked). You can give her any pokémon you wish. You'll be able to choose from the PC Box. Shauna's pokémon is level 5.
If you don't have a pokémon with you that knows Fly, you'll either have to teach it to one of your Hall of Fame pokémon, or you'll just have to walk/rollerskate/bike to Santalune City to reach the Pokémon Center. After you have a pokémon with you that knows Fly, you should fly to northern Lumiose City.
Go to Kiloude City
Once you are in Lumiose City, go to Lumiose Station. It's in North Boulevard. There are a couple of red-skirted girls standing in front of it. It's a light-brown brick building with an arched door.
Inside Sina and Dexio will arrive and give you the National Pokédex.
After that, go talk to Professor Sycamore. He gives you a TMV Pass so you can ride the train to Kiloude City, which is in southern Kalos. After Professor Sycamore departs, check on the orange machine to ride the TMV to Kiloude City.
Get the Poké Radar
Go to 2F of Professor Sycamore's Lab in Lumiose City. Talk to the scientist on the right side. He'll give you the Poké Radar. You can use the Poké Radar while standing in grass, flowers, or water. When you use it, patches of grass/flowers will shake or water will bubble. Go to one of the shaking spots to encounter a pokémon. Defeat that pokémon, then the Poké Radar will show more shaking areas. Go to another shaking spot to encounter another pokémon.
The Poké Radar will keep showing shaking spots after battles, but only if you are lucky enough to keep encountering the same pokémon each time. The chain will be broken if you encounter a different pokémon, and it will also be broken if you put on your rollerskates.
You can use the Poké Radar to increase your chance of finding Shiny pokémon. The longer the chain you get using the Poké Radar, the higher the chance of encountering a shiny.
Each day, the scientist who gave you the Poké Radar will tell you which pokémon he wants you to research. Use the Poké Radar in an area where that pokémon can be found, and try to get a chain of that type of pokémon (defeat it, move to another patch of grass, repeat). Come back and talk to the scientist to get rewards for your research.
You can unlock the Looker Sidequest by upgrading the Mega Ring. To do that, you have to go to Kiloude City, win at least one battle in the Battle Maison, then go to the north part of Kiloude City and battle your neighbor. After that, meet Professor Sycamore in front of the sundial.
After that, the next time you go to Lumiose City, you should get a Holo Clip on the Holo Caster. If not, leave town and go back in and walk around. The Holo Clip is from Looker, who asks you to go to the Looker Bureau. It's near Rouge Plaza and can be found in the building across from Sushi High Roller.