This page lists the things that you can do after completing the main game in Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon.
After Becoming Champion
When you first load your game that was saved after the end credits, leave your room, then leave your house. The Ultra Recon Squad will go to Poni Island, and they can take you there, or you can go by yourself later.
List of Post-Game Events
- Go to Poni Grove, which was off-limits before you became Champion. You will get Type: Null on the way. You can catch some Ultra Beasts in Poni Grove.
- After you visit Poni Grove and catch the Ultra Beasts, complete Episode RR.
- Now that you are the Champion, you can catch the Tapu of each island. Go to the ruins on each island and solve the sliding block puzzle, then touch the altar in the back room to start the battle. The Tapu have abilities that temporarily change the terrain, which also prevents status conditions. Wait for the Terrain effect to wear off before trying to inflict sleep. Use False Swipe to lower the Tapu's HP to 1, then inflict sleep, then throw Timer Balls until you catch the Tapu.
- Catch legendaries and Ultra Beasts in ultra wormholes. Ultra beasts can be found in white wormholes, and you can catch an unlimited number of each ultra beast. The other color wormholes contain legendaries from past Pokémon games. You can only catch one of each legendary. Wormholes with glowing lines around them are more likely to contain rare ultra beasts and legendaries, and wormholes with more than two swirling lines around them are guaranteed to contain a rare pokémon, as well as being more likely to have a shiny pokémon.
- Complete each pokédex (Melemele, Akala, etc.) and talk to Game Director Iwao in the Game Freak office in Heahea City to get more stamps for your Trainer Passport. You need to catch the Tapu of each island to complete each pokédex. The Ultra Beasts can be caught in white wormholes. Poipole will evolve if it levels up while knowing Dragon Pulse, which it learns at level 61, or you can have a move tutor in the Battle Tree teach it Dragon Pulse for 12 BP. After you have completed the full Alola Pokédex, talk to Game Director Iwao to get the Shiny Charm, another stamp for your Trainer Passport, and a special outfit. If your character is male, you get a Karate Gi, and if your character is female, you get a Nurse Joy outfit. Just by having the Shiny Charm, you will be morely likely to encounter shiny pokémon. However, the chance of encountering shinies will still be less than 1%.
- You can get the Oval Charm by defeating Game Freak Morimoto and Game Freak Iwao in the Game Freak office in Heahea City. You will have a double battle against them. They have a level 56 Kecleon, a level 57 Gengar, a level 57 Dragonite, a level 56 Blissey, a level 56 Ambipom, a level 57 Machamp. You get 6808 Pokédollars for winning. Just by having the Oval Charm, eggs will appear sooner when you put pokémon in the Pokémon Nursery in Paniola Ranch.
- You can purchase a special outfit in the Gracidea shop in the mall in Hau'oli City Shopping District. If your character is male, you can buy a Kommo-o outfit. If your character is female, you can buy a Lurantis outfit.
- Get Cosmog
- Go into the Po Town Pokémon Center and talk to the Grunts to buy some Team Skull clothes
- Talk to the sightseer to the left of the Café in the Seafolk Village Pokémon Center. Sightseer Marcus has a level 55 Shiny Exeggcute. You get 3300 Pokédollars for winning. Afterward, Marcus gives you six Nuggets.
- Go to Aether House in Route 15 and talk to the employees in the room on the right to get a Porygon and Up-Grade
- Battle the Principal of the Trainers' School on Melemele Island to get a King's Rock. First you have to Battle Black Belt Duane on 3F. He has a level 56 Primeape and a level 56 Heracross. You get 1792 Pokédollars for winning. Afterward, you can go through the door that he was blocking and battle Principal Asuka. She has a level 57 Granbull, a level 57 Stoutland, and a level 57 Arcanine. You get 5472 Pokédollars for winning. Afterward, she gives you a King's Rock.
- Go to Route 8 to meet Colress near the Aether building. He gives you the Douse Drive, Shock Drive, Burn Drive, and Chill Drive. After that, he can be encountered at the Battle Tree
- Talk to Ms. Wicke in Aether Paradise to get two Big Malasadas.
- Battle Faba to get a Dubious Disc. He is in 1F of Aether Paradise. He has a level 63 Claydol, a level 63 Hypno, a level 63 Alolan Raichu, a level 63 Alakazam, and a level 63 Bruxish. You get 15120 Pokédollars for winning. Afterward, Faba gives you a Dubious Disc, then he disappears.
- Go to Professor Kukui's Pokémon Research Lab in Hau'oli Outskirts on Melemele Island and he will give you a Lucky Egg.
- After you go to the Battle Tree on Poni Island, talk to Professor Kukui to get TM90 Substitute. If he doesn't give it to you, leave and go back in, then try again.
- Visit Ilima's house and there will be some cutscenes. Go into Ilima's room and he asks your help. If you agree to help Ilima, you battle him. Level 60 Gumshoos, 60 Komala, 60 Smeargle. You get 7200 Pokédollars for winning. He gives you an Everstone afterward.
- Visit Guzma's house in Route 2, across from the Motel. Go into Guzma's room and you will get TM87 Swagger.
- In the northern part of Poni Plains, you can get a Key Stone from Dexio so you can mega-evolve your pokémon in battle.
- You can catch Zygarde in Resolution Cave, then go to the Aether Foundation building in Route 16. After you defeat Dexio there, you can use the Reassembly Unit to make new formes of Zygarde.
- If you have hatched at least 20 eggs, there is an Ace Trainer in the Battle Tree area who will upgrade the PC Boxes to add a "Judge" button in the bottom-right corner when you are viewing your PC Boxes. This will show a graph representing the selected pokémon's Individual Values (or IVs). IVs are bonuses to the pokémon's stats. These bonuses are permanent and are set from the moment the pokémon is encountered in the wild or is received in an egg. "Best" means that the IV is 31. "Fantastic" means that the IV is 30. "Very Good" means that the IV is in the range of 26 to 29. "Pretty Good" means that the IV is in the range of 16 to 25. "Decent" means that the IV is in the range of 1 to 15. "No Good" means that the IV is 0.
- Defeat 20 consecutive trainers in the Battle Tree to battle a special trainer and unlock Super Battles, and you will get some Z-Crystals afterward.
- In the Tide Song Hotel on Akala Island, in a room on 3F, there is an old man who asks your help. One of his friends is an older woman on Heahea Beach near the tent. One is a woman on the dock to the left of the Ferry Terminal. One is a man in the Apparel Shop. After you find them all, go back to the old man's hotel room to see a cutscene. After that, talk to the old man to get a Revival Herb.
- In another room of Tide Song Hotel on 3F, there is a man who will give you Snorlium Z, Mewnium Z, and Marshadium Z. You need to have the correct pokémon (Snorlax, Mew, or Marshadow) in the first slot of your party, then talk to the man to get the Z-Crystal.
- Go into the Abandoned Thrifty Megamart in Route 14 and go toward the back. Mimikyu will come up to you. Try picking it up, then follow it. You will be back in the secret room. Say "Mimikyu?" and you will get a Mimikium Z. Afterward, there will be a brief cutscene when you go outside.
- In your house, talk to your mom's Meowth. After a cutscene, you will battle Madame Meowth and her pokémon, Lady Meow. The battle works like a classic battle in the original pokémon games. Madame Meowth will use Fake Out as her first move. Use Thief and you will steal Lady Meow's Amulet Coin. After a cutscene, you get a PP Up.
- After you become Champion and your Festival Plaza reaches level 30, go into the castle in your Festival Plaza and Sophocles will add premium services to your Festival Plaza, which means that your facilities in Festival Plaza will have more goods and services. After your Festival Plaza reaches level 40 and you have become Champion, you can go into the castle and Sophocles will add the ability to change the music in your Festival Plaza.
- Talk to the Veteran west of the Mount Lanakila Pokémon Center. He will tell you if you have defeated all of the skilled trainers in the various routes of the Alola region. He can tell you which locations to go to if you haven't defeated them all yet. After you have defeated them all, talk to him to battle Veteran Aristo. He has a level 65 Carbink, a level 65 Torkoal, a level 65 Pelipper, a level 65 Ninetales, and a level 65 Gigalith. You get 5720 Pokédollars for winning. Afterward, he gives you a Life Orb.
- Talk to the Punk Girl in the Konikoni City restaurant to get a Whipped Dream and a Sachet. If you give the Whipped Dream to a Swirlix, then trade the Swirlix, it will evolve into Slurpuff. If you give the Whipped Dream to a Spritzee, then trade the Spritzee, it will evolve into Aromatisse.
There Is No National Pokédex
In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, there is no National Pokédex. There is no way to unlock a National Pokédex after completing the main game.