Soft Soil Locations
You can buy ten magic beans in from the guy near the entrance to Zora's River, and there are ten spots of soft soil in Hyrule where you can plant a magic bean. See below for the list of all of the soft soil locations. Except where otherwise noted, the soft soil spots each have a gold skulltula hiding inside that you can get out by catching bugs in a bottle and dropping them on the soft soil.
- Zora's River: Next to the Magic Bean Salesman - Shortly after you enter Zora's River, you encounter a guy eating beans. This is the magic bean salesman. Next to him is a spot of soft soil where you can plant a magic bean. NOTE: there is NO gold skulltula in this soft soil, so don't bother dropping bugs there.
- Kokiri Forest: Behind the Shop - Look behind the shop in Kokiri Forest where you bought your first Deku Shield. There is soft soil there.
- Lost Woods: Near the bridge into Kokiri Forest - If you go into the Lost Woods and turn left, you will see a skull kid standing on a stump. Go through the hollow log here and you will find a soft soil spot. You can see the bridge into Kokiri Forest here.
- Lost Woods: Near the Forest Stage - From the entrance of the Lost Woods, go right, left, right, left, and left. This will take you to the area where there are a couple of Business Scrubs. Look around this area to find a spot of soft soil. The Forest Stage entrance is in the back of this area, but the soft soil is aboveground.
- Kakariko Graveyard: Behind the Graves - From the entrance, if you go to the graves along the left wall, there is a spot of soft soil.
- Dodongo's Cavern Entrance - After you use a bomb flower to bomb open the entrance to Dodongo's Cavern, you will find a spot of soft soil just inside.
- Lake Hylia: In Front of the Lakeside Laboratory - The house near the entrance to Lake Hylia is the Lakeside Laboratory, where there is a creepy looking guy inside. In front of this house, you will find a spot of soft soil.
- Death Mountain Crater: Near Warp Spot - You can't reach this soft soil until after you learn the Bolero of Fire. Once you do, warp to Death Mountain Crater as a child and look for the spot of soft soil nearby.
- Gerudo Valley: On the Riverbank - Float down to the riverbank below the big bridge in Gerudo Valley. There is a ledge that has a Gerudo and a cow on it. There is also a spot of soft soil here.
- Outside of Spirit Temple - Just outside of the entrance to the Spirit Temple, you will find a spot of soft soil. You will need to use the Requiem of Spirit to warp to this area as a child.