This page explains how to start and complete the Flown the Coop side quest.
How to Start the Quest
After you reach Kakariko Village (see Seek Out Impa for directions), and after you have talked to Impa, you can talk to Cado between 12PM and 5PM to start the quest.
This quest is easier if you do the Sunshroom Sensing quest to unlock the Sheikah Sensor+. Doing so will allow you to take a picture of a Cucco and set the Sheikah Sensor to detect nearby Cuccos.
To return the Cuccos to the pen, pick up a Cucco and then throw it into the pen where Cado is standing. The missing Cuccos can be found in the following locations:
- On the path between the village and the Ta'loh Naeg Shrine.
- On the roof of the armor shop
- In the plum tree garden south of the armor shop (you have to wait until a little bit after 5PM to get this one, or Mellie will kick you out of the garden)
- Next to the camp fire near the Goddess Statue across from Impa's house
- Under a roofed structure east of the General Stores
- In the east side of town, east of the armor shop, near a roofed structure with a cookpot under it
- On a roof near the easternmost bridge of the village
When you have thrown the last one into the coop, your Adventure Log will update. Talk to Cado to complete the quest and get a Purple Rupee.