After a short trip through a cave by the sea, you reach the Sunken Ship.
Explore the Sunken Ship
You can read the note north of where you entered, if you wish. Then optionally go through the northeast door to find a Save Block and another note.
Go back to the first room, and this time go through the northwest door. Read the note here, and you will learn about the six hints that lead to a password. Go northeast and go through the door in the northeast corner.
There is an optional note to read in the middle of the northwest wall. Go through the northeast door to reach the next room.
There is a gap behind the boxes against the wall. Jump into that gap to find a Flower. Then go southeast down the stairs, and you can jump on the crates to reach the chest, which contains coins. Go southwest to the next room.
This room has several doors guarded by Greapers. If you approach from the side, you can walk past the Greaper and go through the door without fighting it. Go through the door that has one "J" block next to it, then make the flying Koopa follow you around so that it pushes the iron ball onto the floating round switch. This will drop a Mushroom that you can take. Read the scroll to reveal one of the hints:
Exit this room and go through the door that has two "J" blocks next to it. Hit each of the floating blocks to stop each spring from moving. After you have stopped all three, an iron ball will try to bounce on the three springs. If the springs were positioned correctly, the iron ball will land on the floating switch in the northeast part of the room. (If not, exit the room and go back in to try again.) When you do it correctly, take the Flower that appears, then read the scroll to get the second hint:
Exit this room and go through the door that has three "J" blocks next to it. This room contains a maze. You will see a message that you can press X if you give up.
- Go southwest and enter the door into the maze.
- Go northwest until you can't go farther.
- Push north, and when you can't go farther, jump and continue to go northeast. Keep pushing north and east until you can't go any farther.
- Push east and jump repeatedly while going east, until you don't move any farther.
- Push east, then south, then west. As you go west, keep jumping. If you don't see yourself jumping up through the small hole in the top of the maze, go back to step 3. Otherwise, if you do see yourself jumping up through the hole, go south to emerge from the upper door.
- Avoid falling into the hole on the right, and go east through the door into the next part of the maze. Go north.
- When you can't go farther north, slowly go east until you can see yourself again. Be careful not to go too far southeast, or you will fall out of the maze and have to try again. Carefully jump onto the higher ledge of blocks, then push north and you will soon enter another hidden part of the maze. Go northwest until you don't go farther.
- Go southwest, then west, then jump northwest until you can't go farther, then repeatedly jump northeast.
- When you can't go farther northeast, push east until you can't go farther.
- Repeatedly jump northwest until you are out of the maze.
At the top of the maze, step on the switch to get a Royal Syrup and another hint:
Exit the 3D Maze room, then go southwest to the next room.
Go southwest and you can defeat the Dry Bones to reach the treasure chest, which contains coins (but you might have to defeat the Dry Bones a second time to exit the tunnel). You can talk to the cloaked figure to buy things from the shop. If you talk to the cloaked figure (whether you buy anything or not) it gives you a hint: Then go through the door next to the cloaked figure.
Go through the first door, which has 4 "J" blocks next to it. In this room, you have to collect each coin before it disappears, but don't collect the moving coin, because that will stop new coins from appearing. (Note: you can use this room to get infinite coins Carefully follow along, quickly jumping over gaps. If you collect all the coins without missing any, a hint will fall from above:
Exit that room and go northeast, and go into the room with 5 "J" blocks next to the door. In this room, hit the leftmost block to make the cannon shoot a cannon ball. Run underneath the shadow of the nearest floating block, then jump when the cannon ball goes overhead, to make the cannon ball hit the floating block. If you miss, you have to exit the room and come back in to try again. After you make the cannon ball hit the first floating block, run northeast to the next floating block and do the same, and run northeast to the final block and do the same. If you make the cannonballs hit all three floating blocks, a hint and a Mushroom (the type that you can use in battle) will fall from above:
Exit this room and go northeast to the final room, which has 6 "J" blocks next
to the door. Use the save block in the corner, then go to the east corner of
the room, where one barrel is darker than the rest. Jump on that barrel and it
will fall to the floor. Turn Mario to face eastward, and jump on the barrel to
roll it onto the rightmost switch. Then when the barrel is pushing the
rightmost switch, jump onto the leftmost switch to make a Mushroom (a healing
one) fall from above, along with the final hint:
Save at the save block if you didn't before, then go through the northeast
In this room, you can stand under each floating block, and jump up to change
which letter the block is set to. The answer is:
After you put in the password, check on the tube in the corner. If you put
in the correct password, the door will open. When try to go through, you have
to battle King Calamari.