After Spring 15, you can talk to Ludus in Lulukoko Village to upgrade your house. After that, Ludus can improve your tools.
Unlocking Tool Upgrades
You need to upgrade your house before Ludus can upgrade your tools. The day after you upgrade your house, there will be an event where Ludus explains about upgrading your tools. After that, just bring Ludus the required materials and money, and he can upgrade your tools.
There are five types of upgrades you can make to your tools:
- Reduce weight: You will lose less stamina when using the tool
- Improve effectiveness: It takes less time for the tool to finish its task (fewer swings of the hoe to till a field, fewer swings of the axe to chop down a tree, etc.). Also, hammer can be used on more mining nodes and has better probability of getting rare ore.
- Increase capacity: Watering can will hold more water
- Increase range of effects: Tool affects more squares at once
- Change color: Tools can be red, blue, green, yellow, purple, or (after doing five tool upgrades) gold. You can also return the tool to its original color.
The following list explains in more detail how "improved effectiveness" affects each tool.
- Hoe: Requires fewer swings to finish tilling a field
- Scythe: Fewer swings are necessary for removing dead crops
- Axe: Fewer swings are necessary to cut down trees and turn branches into lumber
- Hammer: More mining nodes can be hit, and rare ore probability increases. Fewer swings are necessary to break boulders and turn large rocks into stone.
- Watering Can, Milker, Clippers, Brush: Finishes more quickly
- Fishing rod: Can catch a wider variety of fish
The cost and the amount of materials required for each type of upgrade is the same. See the tables below for details.
|2||1000||5 Black Rock, 2 Iron|
|3||2000||5 Glittering Stone, 2 Silver|
|4||3000||10 Crystal, 5 Fluorite|
|Max||5000||10 Diamond, 1 Mithril|
|2||1500||5 Iron, 5 Copper|
|3||3000||5 Ruby, 5 Amethyst|
|4||5500||5 Fluorite, 5 Adamantite|
|Max||7000||5 Platinum, 2 Orichalcum|
|2||2000||5 Glass Stone, 5 Crystal|
|3||4000||5 Topaz, 5 Moonstone|
|4||7000||5 Jade, 5 White Pearl|
|Max||10000||10 Blue Pearl, 1 Philosopher's Stone|
|Level||Additional Requirements||Cost||Required Materials|
|1x2||2500||5 Black Rock, 5 Jade|
|1x3||You can only upgrade to 1x3 if you have upgraded a tool to 1x2.||4000||5 Agate, 5 Sandrose|
|3x1||You can only upgrade to 3x1 if you have upgraded a tool to 1x2.||3000||5 Glittering Stone, 5 Copper, 5 Silver|
|3x2||You can only upgrade to 3x2 if you have upgraded a tool to 1x3 or 3x1||5000||5 Emerald, 5 Peridot, 5 Yellow Pearl|
|3x3||You can only upgrade to 3x3 if you have upgraded a tool to 1x3 or 3x1, and you have reduced tool weights three times||7000||5 Gold, 2 Orichalcum, 2 Platinum|
|5x5||You can only upgrade to 5x5 if you have upgraded a tool to 1x3 or 3x1, and you have reduced tool weights five times, and you have improved tool effectiveness five times||15000||5 Pink Diamond, 3 Gold Pearl, 1 Philosopher's Stone|
Change Tool Color
|Color||Additional Requirements||Cost||Required Materials|
|Red||500||3 Maple Branches|
|Blue||500||3 Blue Magic Flowers|
|Yellow||500||3 Moondrop Flowers|
|Gold||You can only turn a tool gold after you have done at least five tool upgrades||500||1 Gold|
|The tool's original color||500||3 Pebbles|