Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap Walkthrough
Pieces of Heart
This is a list of all heart containers and pieces of heart in The Legend
of Zelda: The Minish Cap. Link starts out with three hearts, then can add
six from heart containers, and eleven more from 44 pieces of heart. That
means that Link can have a maximum of 20 hearts.
There are six heart containers to find in the game. Here is how you get
- Defeat the Deepwood Shrine boss.
- Defeat the Cavern of Flames boss.
- Defeat the Fortress of Winds boss.
- Defeat the Temple of Droplets boss.
- Defeat the Palace of Winds boss.
- After completing the Four Sword, go to Librari in the Minish Woods to get
a Heart Container.
Pieces of Heart
- After the cutscene in the Minish Woods where Ezlo is getting attacked,
go a little bit to the west to find a piece of heart.
- In the Minish Village, go east of Festari's abbey to the next screen.
- In Deepwood Shrine, use the south exit after beating Madderpillar.
- In Deepwood Shrine, use the blue warp tile.
- In South Hyrule Field, enter the tree opened by your first Kinstone
- In Mt. Crenel's Base, enter a cave reached by bombing between two trees
in the west area.
- On Mt. Crenel, enter a cave reached by bombing between two rocks to the
right of a rock wall in the west area.
- In the Cave of Flames, go to the center area of B1 for the piece of
- In Hyrule Town, in the back room of the inn, shrink in Romio's house
and climb a vine to reach the back of the inn.
- In North Hyrule Field, climb down the ladder and stairs in the northwest
area after bombing a rock in the path.
- At the base of Veil Falls, use the Cane of Pacci on a hole at the north
end of Lon Lon Ranch.
- On Mt. Crenel, in Grayblade's dojo, climb the many rock walls on the east
side of the area, then split into two to step on the two switches that give
access to the dojo.
- Go to Lake Hylia via Lon Lon Ranch to enter the northwest area of
the Minish Woods to access the heart piece there.
- Use the Pegasus boots to dash into the tree in Lon Lon Ranch, then use
the Minish Portal to shrink down and enter the Minish Path nearby.
- Fuse with Melari and climb the beanstalk that appears in Mt. Crenel.
- In Castor Wilds, go to Swiftblade the First's dojo under the
- In the Fortress of Winds, go to the bottom-right room of 1F.
- In the Western Wood, enter a tree that is opened by a kinstone
- In Hyrule Town, win Simon's Simulation Game.
- In the Eastern Hills, climb the beanstalk that grows after a fusion with
a Minish there.
- Go to Grimblade's dojo in the bottom right corner of Hyrule Castle
- Go down the right-hand stairs in Hyrule Castle Garden, where there
used to be a fountain before a kinstone fusion.
- Use the mole mits to enter the cave next to the Crenel Hermit's cave
on Mt. Crenel.
- In Lake Hylia, dive into the pond next to Stockwell's House.
- Go west of Mayor Hagen's cabin in Lake Hylia to find a piece of
- In Waveblade's dojo, west of Mayor Hagen's cabin in lake Hylia, is a
piece of heart.
- In the Royal Valley, enter the top left grave in the graveyard to find
a piece of heart.
- In South Hyrule Field, enter an arch in the water while Minish size
(using the southwest portal to shrink) to find a piece of heart.
- In Veil Falls, there is a piece of heart near the entrance in the
- In Castor Wilds, enter an arch in the southeast water while Minish
size (using the northwest portal to shrink).
- In the Wind Ruins, in a cave accessible at Minish size, shrink at the
second portal and backtrack and go down the middle vine to reach a piece
- In the Palace of Winds, go to 4F and find a walkway under a grating
for this piece of heart.
- After getting the Roc's Cape, use it to reach an island in Lake
Hylia that has a piece of heart.
- Get to a cave on Lake Hylia with the Roc's Cape, and mole mitts your
way in to get to a beanstalk, on top of which you'll find a piece of
- After getting the Roc's Cape, go to Lake Hylia and use the Roc's Cape
to reach a cave accessible with the Mole Mitts. It will take you to
Lon Lon Ranch, where a piece of heart awaits.
- In Castor Wilds, go to the upper-right corner of this region, near the
waterfall with Scarblade's Dojo. Push the rightmost blocks out of the
- In Veil Falls, go behind a waterfall to access a cave that hides a piece
- In Veil Falls, use the mole mitts to get into a cave that you can
reach after fusing with a Minish east of Festari's abbey.
- In Hyrule Town, complete all the rounds of Anju's cucco game (which
requires you to find three cuccos in 55 seconds).
- In Hyrule Town, enter the Minish Path in the schoolyard, which is
reachable only after the Four Sword has been revived.
- In Hyrule Town, enter the cave where you found the Power Bracelets,
then get on the end of the bridge and jump across to reach a piece of
- In Hyrule Town, stand under the town bell, then jump and glide using
the Roc's Cape to ring the bell and make a piece of heart fall out.
- In Minish Woods, find a piece of heart in the leftmost Minish Cave reached
by swimming across the puddle after shrinking at the portal and going
- After getting the complete set of figurines, you can get the final
piece of heart after showing the Carlov Medal to the guy sitting outside
Mama's Cafe and going into the house with the robot on top that used
to be locked.
Page last updated 2013-06-12T01:00:32-05:00